[Libvir] Re: [Xen-users] SOLVED Re: cannot use vncviewer and VMM graphics console to access HVM guest on RHES 5

Glen Deem xen.inbox at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:13:15 UTC 2007

Hi Dan,

I'm with you about the VNC authentication.

But I still don't understand the logic behind assigning HVM displays.
Instead of clear "domU ID is the display number" (vncunused 0), the
Virtual Machine Manager assigns vncunused to 1 and then calculates the
5900+ port, I suppose depending on what port is not occupied (BTW
where exactly is this code in the source, please?).

Why is that? And how am I suppose to find out what that port number is
if I'd want to connect to a VMM-created vm manually with my vnc
client?

Thanks,
Glen