[Libvir] PATCH 0/20: Re-factor libvirtd / QEMU driver

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 13:30:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 02:52:23AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 01:03:01AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 02:34:05AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > > The work to refactor the QEMU driver to use the regular libvirt driver API
> > > is now complete. The next 20 (!) patches provide fairly fine-grained steps
> > > refactoring the code. Aside from that which adds an event loop, and the
> > > very last one, they should all be pretty much straightforward refactoring
> > > with no functional change.
> > >
> > > With this patch series fully applied there is now only a single daemon
> > > which can serve both remote & QEMU drivers in one go, with no deadlock
> > > issues.
> >
> > All of this patch series with the exception of the one about the logging
> > API is now committed to CVS. As a temporary hack,the loggin stuff is
> > replaced by a simple fprintf, until we can decide what todo about it.
> >
> > The two known broken things I need to address tomorrow:
> >
> >   - The network driver won't work for non-QEMU local access eg Xen.
> >     It will work for QEMU, or Xen via the remote daemon
> >
> >   - The daemon for handling QEMU session connections doesn't autospawn.
>
>   Excellent. IIRC you want to move files at some point, tell me I will
> try to copy the v files on the CVS back-end to not loose history.

I already moved the QEMU driver files from qemud -> src as part of the
last patch.

Copying files in the CVS back-end will totally screw up all the tags.
eg, if you try to get a checkout of 'libvirt-0.1.0' tag you'll get all
the moved files.

CVS sucks at renames. Trying to hack the repo to deal with it just makes
it worse IMHO. If its really that important we shouldn't be using CVS....

Dan.