[Libvir] Re: Add lots of warning flags to CFLAGS

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Thu Mar 1 16:48:43 UTC 2007

"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>>>
>>>     Done. Now, who wants to make it build with
>>> --enable-compile-warnings=error ? :-)
>> Actually that's a feature I _do_ want to use because the warnings
>> always fly past too quickly for me to read, so I will be testing it
>> out.
>
> Hmmm .... speaking too soon.  rpcgen generates code stubs which do not
> pass -Wunused.  I may look at whether we can do per-file flags,

Hi Rich,

Or make rpcgen mark the offending bits with __attribute__ ((__unused__))?
Or, postprocess the generated code to add the same?

> I think automake supports this.

You *can* do it in automake, but it's a kludge.

See the Per-Object Flags Emulation section of the manual.
"info automake per" should get it (hmm. but it doesn't work
on rawhide because the menu is missing).

http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Per_002dObject-Flags