[Libvir] Remote patch, 2007-02-28

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 23:06:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 04:33 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Keeping C library based binding for a Java application is really
> annoying, and JNI is like designed to make this hard. I would expect
> large clusters monitoring solutions to be often Java based and we
> need to have a network API for those use case.

I'd be quite surprised though if those monitoring systems would talk
directly to the libvirt daemon across the wire - they are more likely to
install their own custom agent on the system (or do gross things with
ssh)

Having libvirtd running next to the monitoring daemon just to avoid JNI
pain seems like overkill.

David