[libvirt] Writing a new driver for libvirt

Orr, David-P64407 David.Orr at gdc4s.com
Wed Aug 27 17:38:23 UTC 2008

Thanks for the response.  I will look that the functions that you have
pointed out for the other drivers here and see how they would be
implemented for ours.  Based on your description I think we would use a
stateless driver, since there are external tools and configurations
available.

To answer your question, it is actually a version of VMware Workstation
with a Hypervisor added to it.  This is for our TVE product here at
General Dynamics; here is a link to the product description:

http://www.gdc4s.com/content/detail.cfm?item=35a995b0-b3b7-4097-9324-2c5
0008b3a75

Another question, how mature is the CIM interface of libvirt.  I have
not had much time to look at it yet, but we would be using it for remote
management.

David Orr
General Dynamics
Software Engineer