[libvirt] PATCH: 21/28: Fill in locking stubs

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 17:54:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 12:09:21AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> This patch fills in the previous stub methods for locking/unlocking
> internal objects.
>
> With the following methods return a locked object
>
>   virDomainFindByID
>   virDomainFindByName
>   virDomainFindByUUID
>   virDomainAssignDef
>
> All the other methods accepting a virDomainObjPtr instance, require that
> the object first be locked.
>
> For virDomainDefPtr objects, if they are standalone, no locking is
> required (hence why the Xen driver isn't touched in any of these patches).
> If they are associated with a virDomainObjPtr though, this parent object
> must be locked.
>
> The same applies for virNetworkObjPtr, virStoragePoolObjPtr and the
> virNodeDeviceObjPtr objects & their methods.

I've just realized my first posting of this code

http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-October/msg00419.html

actually added documentation comments against each method specifying
the locking rules, but I've missed that this time. I will write an
additional patch to document this for these internal  APIs.