[libvirt] PATCH 0/5: connection cloning support (WIP)

David Lively dlively at virtualiron.com
Wed Dec 17 12:44:15 UTC 2008

Hi Daniel -
  When I apply these patches, I'm seeing segfaults on event delivery
when just running the existing synchronous
examples/domain-events/events-c/event-test.c (using the remote driver).
  I've added a little debug.  Apparently event->name is being NULLed out
sometime after the event is put on the queue:

DEBUG: remote_internal.c: remoteDomainEventFired (Event fired 0 3 1 1)
DEBUG: remote_internal.c: processCallRecv (Do 4 0)
DEBUG: remote_internal.c: processCallRecvLen (Got length, now need 64 total (60 more))
DEBUG: remote_internal.c: processCallRecv (Do 64 4)
DEBUG: remote_internal.c: processCallAsyncEvent (Encountered an event while waiting for a response)
DEBUG: remote_internal.c: get_nonnull_domain (domain.name: dsl)
DEBUG: datatypes.c: virGetDomain (New hash entry 0x804c728)
DEBUG: domain_event.c: virDomainEventNew (event: 0x804c770  ->name: dsl)
DEBUG: libvirt.c: virDomainFree (domain=0x804c728)
DEBUG: datatypes.c: virUnrefDomain (unref domain 0x804c728 dsl 1)
DEBUG: datatypes.c: virReleaseDomain (release domain 0x804c728 dsl)
DEBUG: datatypes.c: virReleaseDomain (unref connection 0x804b040 4)
DEBUG: domain_event.c: virDomainEventQueuePush (event: 0x804c770   ->name: dsl)
DEBUG: remote_internal.c: processCallRecv (Do 0 0)
DEBUG: remote_internal.c: remoteDomainEventQueueFlush ()
DEBUG: domain_event.c: virDomainEventDispatchDefaultFunc (event: 0x804c770  ->name: (null))
virGetDomain: name is NULL
Segmentation fault

I'll continue looking into it.  But please let me know if you're
familiar with the problem ...

Thanks,
Dave