[Libvir] PATCH: 0/16: Storage management APIs

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 10:51:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 04:28:29AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> The patch series that follows provides storage management APIs for dealing
> with local directories, local filesystems, remote filesystems, logical
> volumes (LVM), disk partitioning, and iSCSI. It will also soon support
> SCSI host adapters (including NPIV).
>
> I'll include comments inline with each patch. The final patch in the
> series also provides a 'storage.html' page for the website giving a fairly
> friendly overview of the storage pool types and their associated XML
> examples.
>
> Although included here, the one API i really don't like is the one for
> discovery virConnectDiscoverStoragePools, since its API is not flexible
> enough in terms of metadata it accepts. I will probably just leave this
> out next time around, since its not critical for the core functionality
> and can thus be  added later.
>
> Also TBD is a way to format a filesystem on a  volume, and how to clone
> an existing volume, and take a snapshot. These things can all be added
> at a later date.
>
> Finally it does not include the async job support. This is also best added
> once the core code is merged.

  In general I like the approach 'let's put what we consider fine first
and discuss other parts later' . I guess it's the third round of review
and I really find easier to comment based on existing stuff than big patches
that gets iterated over time. So let's isolate what we consider okay
and not needing further discussion, push them now, than in an upcoming
fourth iteration,

  thanks,