[libvirt] storage_conf.c: In function 'virStorageSize'

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 09:57:47 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 07:47:33PM +0200, Jaime Traver wrote:
> hi,
>
> thank Atsushi SAKAI i has fixed the problem with your recomendations, but
> now it is happened the following
>
> *libvirt_proxy.c: En la función `main':
> libvirt_proxy.c:844: aviso: implicit declaration of function `fprintf'
> libvirt_proxy.c:844: error: `stderr' undeclared (first use in this function)
> libvirt_proxy.c:844: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once
> libvirt_proxy.c:844: error: for each function it appears in.)
> libvirt_proxy.c:845: aviso: implicit declaration of function `exit'*
>
> About this i don't see nothing in the mail list. I hope that you can help
> me.

 man stderr gives:

STDIN(3)                   Linux Programmer’s Manual                  STDIN(3)

NAME
       stdin, stdout, stderr - standard I/O streams

SYNOPSIS
       #include <stdio.h>

       extern FILE *stdin;
       extern FILE *stdout;
       extern FILE *stderr;

  so it seems #include <stdio.h> is missing, but ...
it starts with

#include <config.h>

#ifdef WITH_XEN

#include <stdio.h>

  so you are compiling in an environment without Xen and you're
just compiling the error message, moving #include <stdio.h> after
#include <config.h> should help.
  In general if you start compiling C packages, it's better to have some
knowledge of C to avoid getting stuck with little things like this all
the time.

  I'm fixing proxy/libvirt_proxy.c in CVS,

   thanks,