[libvirt] make not invoking rpcgen remote_protocol.x

I am attempting to add some new libvirt functions that I intend to submit
for your approval.
I have made changes to remote_protocol.x.  Initially it generated the
expected files.
However,  after making a few changes the make no causes it to generate
files.
Manually invoke rpcgen -c remote_protocol.x > remote_protocol.c seems
to get around the compile problem.  But now I'm getting a "Remote error :
marshaling args"
I 'm think there is a problem in the make.

Kenneth Nagin