[libvirt] [Q]Why does libvirt check size of memory in xenStoreDriver?

S.Sakamoto fj0588di at aa.jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Oct 30 08:32:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a question.
Why does libvirt check size of memory in xenStoreDomainSetMemory of xs_internal.c?

In the xen not exclude lifecycle,
when I do the following command for the domain that is shutoff,
error message is output and return value is 0 and the definition file(=/etc/xen/XXX) is updated.

  --------------------
  # virsh setmem(or setmaxmem) guestdom 65535(4096-65535)
  libvir: Xen Store error : invalid argument in xenStoreDomainSetMemory

  # echo $?
  0

As a result that I research this,
this error message is output by the check of the memory size in xenStoreDriver.
Because libvirt checks the memory size of under 4096 in libvirt.c,
I think that libvirt should check memory size range of 4096-65535 in libvirt.c.

Thanks,
Shigeki Sakamoto.