[libvirt] Question about the specification of "virsh vcpupin" and "virsh vcpuinfo" in libvirt-0.6.1.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Apr 1 16:59:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 03:53:16PM +0900, Takahashi Tomohiro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have questions.
>
> I would like to know the specification of "virsh vcpupin" and "virsh
> vcpuinfo" in libvirt-0.6.1.
> "virsh vcpupin" and "virsh vcpuinfo" can not be executed to inactive
> domains.
> I think it is the specification.
> Is it correct ?

virsh doesn't place any restrictions on whether those commands can
be run on inactive guests. It should just try the API regardless
and be prepared for any errors.

> I would like to know whether the libvirt-community have a support plan
> for pinning inactive domains or not.
> Because "xm vcpu-pin" and "vcpu-list" can be excuted to inactive
> domains in Xen3.3.

If XenD supports this then it should be just a matter of removing the
check from xend_internal.c   PinVcpu method

   if (domain->id < 0) {
        virXendError(domain->conn, VIR_ERR_INVALID_ARG,
                     _("Domain %s isn't running."), domain->name);
        return(-1);
    }