[libvirt] test driver for interface config

Hugh O. Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 14:42:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 08:42:06AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:37:51AM -0400, Laine Stump wrote:

> > >I'm afraid this isn't really going to fly. The libvirt public interface
> > >is defined by C library API/ABI, and the XML format. To provide the
> > >guarenteed stability & consistency of this interface across releases,
> > >we need to have the XML parser & formatting included in libvirt & used
> > >by all the driver impls.
> >

> > Yes. I completely agree. I'm just saying that can't be done by the end
> > of next week (isn't that when the freeze for the next release will be?),
>
> I don't see  any compelling reason why we absolutely must have
> this ready for next release. I prefer to wait until the code is
> more developed than rushing to meet an unneccessary artificial
> date. I know this is listed as a Fedora 12  feature, but there's
> many months yet before feature freeze for that release, so plenty
> of dev time yet.

David Lutterkort also doesn't feel netcf is ready to just drop into
RHEL 5.4 since it has had near 0 testing... and the network management
API isn't much good without netcf. So we need to keep pushing ahead to
get this ready for rhel 6 but I don't see a whole lot of point in
trying to rush it into 5.4.

--Hugh