[libvirt] libvirt Driver support Matrix.

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 21:54:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 02:29:11PM +0530, Abhishek K Jha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I needed to know if libvirt supports migration via the QEMU/KVM driver. (
> virDomainMigrate)

Yes it is supported in KVM >= 79, or QEMU >= 0.10.0 and libvirt 0.6.0
IIRC.

Earlier versions of KVM/QEMU have problems preventing it from working.

ALso note that successful migration depends on the hardware config of
your guest. In theory any config should work, but in practice there
have been bugs in the device state save/restore process of various
types of device. So test your particular VM config successfully
migrates before relying on it in production.

> Could someone point me to the latest driver support matrix for libvirt. It
> seems the one at http://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html was last updated on
> 2008-06-05.

Unfortunately that page is a little out of date. Seems we should make a
rule that this page be one of the things we update as part of the release
process