[libvirt] OS Eject & Removable Media

Jacob Leaver jleaver at c-corp.net
Mon Aug 24 18:21:14 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

First, I'd like to thank everyone that's working on the libvirt project,
it's certainly making my life a better place.

Second, (there's always a second, eh?) I am using libvirtd 0.6.4 and KVM
qemu-kvm-0.10.5, and when a guest OS ejects media, libvirtd doesn't seem
to pick up the change.

Looking through the API, I don't see a provision to probe for a list of
block devices, so although qemu and kvm know about media changes, I
don't think there's a way for libvirtd to know about them.

I've scanned the list archives, and haven't really seen any discussion
of this, but I'd be more than happy to be directed somewhere.

Also, I have a couple of minor and hackish patches for the ruby bindings
for attaching and removing devices, if someone's interested.

Sincerely,

Jacob Leaver