[libvirt] networking with two hosts

Andreas Rittershofer andreas at rittershofer.de
Wed Feb 25 17:40:29 UTC 2009

Am 25.02.2009 um 00:11 schrieb David Lutterkort:

> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 14:25 +0100, Andreas Rittershofer wrote:
>> Task 1.) Each VM must have network access to each other VM and to the
>> outside.
>> Task 2.) When one host fails, all VMs are running on the remainig
>> host
>> and 1.) must still be fulfilled.
>>
>> Does somebody has any hints about realising this scenario with
>> libvirt
>> and KVM?
>
> What you want is a 'shared network interface'[1]
>
> David
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Bridged_networking_.28aka_.22shared_physical_device.22.29

Thank you for this answer - but it is too short.

I'm working since two days on this problem but I cannot solve it until
now.

Some configurations are working when the VMs are on different nodes
but are failing when all machines are running on one node and vice
versa.

Can you please go in more details?

mfg ar

--