[libvirt] PATCH: Fix numa build failure on 32-bit f9

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Mon Jan 5 12:48:21 UTC 2009

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> The automated build on Fedora 9, i386 is currently failing with
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> nodeinfo.c: In function 'virCapsInitNUMA':
> nodeinfo.c:212: error: passing argument 2 of 'numa_node_to_cpus' from incompatible pointer type
> make[3]: *** [libvirt_driver_la-nodeinfo.lo] Error 1
>
> The following patch addresses it:

ACK.
That looks right, since it has to match arg2 of this:

  static inline int numa_node_to_cpus_compat(int node, unsigned long *buffer,
                                                          int buffer_len)

At first glance, I had doubts about using the sometimes-narrower type,
but all uses are scaled by "sizeof *mask", so if it weren't for that
prototype, any unsigned type would do.