[libvirt] Libvirt - Xen Enterprise - Koan

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Tue Jan 6 11:47:24 UTC 2009

Hi
I hope me "replying" this way does not break anyone's mail sorting, I
only now subscribed to the list.

> Thanks for this - this sounds like the most likely issue. The problem
is
> that Citrix seems to move things around somewhat as that config file
> does not exist. There is a xensource directory that contains the
> following but other than that i am a bit stuck.

They might have overriden the config file to point somewhere else.
Try and find the file  "XendOptions.py" and see where it loads the
config from. Or see if anything sets $XEND_CONFIG env variable at
startup. In regular upstream xen code, it XendOptions.py has:

  class XendOptionsFile(XendOptions):

      """Default path to the config file."""
      config_default = "/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp"

I did a find . -name *.py > temp.gg

and then

  141  cat temp.gg | xargs grep -i xendoptions
  142  cat temp.gg | xargs grep -i xend
  144  cat temp.gg | xargs grep -i XEND_CONFIG
  148  cat temp.gg | xargs grep -i config_default

All of these searches gave me absolutely no results.

I am sure that the config files are in :
/etc/xensource/
xapi.conf
xapi-ssl.conf

the contents of xapi.conf is:
schema_filename = /etc/xensource/db_schema.sql
license_filename = /etc/xensource/license
http-port = 80
use-ssl = true
ssl-cert = /etc/ssl/certs/xensource-rio.pem
ssl-port = 443
# dom0-mem = 128

and of xapi-ssl.conf is:
pid = /var/run/xapi.ssl.pid
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = a:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1

[xapi]
accept = 443
connect = 80
cert = /etc/xensource/xapi-ssl.pem

I am thinking that maybe only ssl connections are allowed ... which is
why virsh can't connect?

we are running "XenServer release 4.1.0-7843p (xenenterprise)" and I am
trying to get spacewalk to get the necessary domain details when
registering a xen host.