Re: [libvirt] libvirtd shutdown script patches

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 15:00 -0500, Sir Woody Hackswell wrote:
> Here is a small patch for libvirtd init and sysconfig script.  Before
> killing libvirtd, we virsh shutdown any running domains.  We also have
> a maximum time limit for shutdown (300 sec default), just in case the
> VM will not shut down.
>
> Any thoughts as to whether this is the right place to put this
> functionality?  Is the shutdown script proper, or since libvirtd
> handles autostarts domains internally, should libvirtd shut down
> active domains upon SIGTERM all by itself?

Funny that this patch precedes Dan's patches to keep stuff alive on
libvirtd shutdown :-)

I think the main concern here is autostart domains - if you have an
autostart domain and you boot up and immediately power down, then you're
not going to even remember you have a domain running.

Cheers,
Mark.