Re: [libvirt] PATCH: 11/25: Public APIs for incrementing refcount

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:18:40AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Unfortunately this isn't sufficient to make use of the dom/net
> fields practical. If we hold onto a reference when setting the
> error object, then we have a possible indefinite memory leak,
> unless the app calling libvirt always runs  virResetLastError()
> after every API call.

I don't think it really matters.  The application can keep a handle on
the original dom/net objects passed into the call, if it needs them
for error reporting.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)