style question (was Re: [libvirt] patch: allow disk cache mode to be specified in a domain's xml definition.)

Jim Meyering wrote:
Finally, I moved a couple variable declarations
down (C99-style) to their points of first use.

I take it that the C++/C99 is the recommended style for all libvirt code? I generally haven't coded this way in the past (in fact I usually compile with -Wdeclaration-after-statement), and not seeing anything in HACKING about it, I continued to use the traditional style, but if this way is what everyone's converging on, I'll change to it.

Dave