Re: [libvirt] Switch from CVS to GIT is done

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 14:42 +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> Thanks to Jim Meyering we now have a new git repository, I deprecated the
> CVS repository, it's read only, you should still be able to keep it
> around to make patches for a few weeks if needed.
>   The new repo is at:
>     http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=summary

Cool stuff!

Any thoughts on what to do about ChangeLog?

As an example of a sensible plan, GNOME dropped ChangeLog but some
modules still generate a ChangeLog for tarball releases. See here:

  http://live.gnome.org/Git/ChangeLog

Also, HACKING should gain some tips for commit messages e.g.

  http://live.gnome.org/Git/CommitMessages

Personally, I've grown to hate ChangeLog entries and love git commit
messages :-)

Cheers,
Mark.