[libvirt] VMware support and Server 2.0.1

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 30 01:22:59 UTC 2009

2009/7/29 Timo Makinen <tmakinen at ee.oulu.fi>:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 06:12:59PM +0200, Matthias Bolte wrote:
>> 2009/7/27 Timo Makinen <tmakinen at ee.oulu.fi>:
[...]
> The dumpxml seems to be failing with this config option:
>
> ethernet0.connectionType = "custom"
>
> without this it works correctly.

Ah, I found the cause. ethernet0.connectionType = "custom" was a good
hint. I missed to initialize one variable correctly that is only used
in the ethernet0.connectionType = "custom" case.

>> Could you do some basic testing beside listing and dumpxml, as I have
>> currently no VMware GSX installation at hand? Just test if the
>> following commands work as expected in virsh:
>>
>> - start
>> - shutdown
>> - reboot
>> - suspend
>> - resume
>> - nodeinfo
>> - dominfo
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Matthias
>
> All these worked out of the box.

Nice!

Could you test the attached patch? It adds handling for the port in
the URI, extends the version checking for GSX 2.0 and fixes the bug in
VMX parsing.

Matthias