Re: [libvirt] virDomainGetVcpus error with Fedora 10

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 03:37:22PM -0800, Kaitlin Rupert wrote:

I'm running Fedora 10 with the following libvirt version:  libvirt-0.6.0-3

I'm calling virDomainGetVcpus() with the following parameters: virDomainGetVcpus(dom, info, max, NULL, 0); where max = 2 and dom and info are both non-NULL.

However, I'm getting the following error from libvirt: libvir: Domain error : invalid argument in virDomainGetVcpus

I tracked this down, and it's failing the if (cpumaps != NULL && maplen < 1) check in libvirt.c because cpumaps is non-NULL. Which is very strange because I'm definitely passing a NULL value.

The qemud/remote.c helper for the virDomainGetVcpus method is just doing a totally bogus calculation/allocation for the cpumaps field.
It needs fixing somehow, but I'm not sure how yet

Hi Daniel,

Any update on this?

Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center