[libvirt] java libvirt question

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 10:54:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 03:45:14PM +0200, Zvi Dubitzky wrote:
> For  either java-gcj (java version 1.5) or the  java-6-openjdk (version
> 1.6) I do not get the  java-dev having its  bin components (java, javac,
> javah, javadoc) under the same directory  as the configure script wants (
> gcj case : /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-../bin  ,  openjdk case:
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/bin)
> and the configure fails
> Of course I am doing : ./configure
> --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk  or similar  for version 1.5
>
> Any advice how to solve this problem  ?   in fact I do not find javac and
> javah, javadoc after the install only the java, jar

  I don't see why your system can't show up java as being in the $PATH
once java-6-openjdk has been installed. That defeats the purpose of
installing it in the fest place, check with your sysadmin...

> 2)   the Java libvirt library from the downloads link is dated mid 2008 .
> Does that have influence on bug fixing since then or this java libvirt
> package is just for the client side and  the server side is the most
> updated  C code so the date  does not matter ?

  If you find bugs report them ! The bindings are not 100% complete and
a problem was reported a few weeks ago on this list but the fact it's
old doesn't it doesn't work !