[libvirt] virDomainGetVcpus error with Fedora 10

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Mar 19 18:15:22 UTC 2009

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:12:16AM -0700, Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
>> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

>>> The qemud/remote.c helper for the virDomainGetVcpus method is just
>>> doing a totally bogus calculation/allocation for the cpumaps field.
>>> It needs fixing somehow, but I'm not sure how yet
>> Any update on this?
>
> I've had another look at it, and believe I have a suitable fix. There were
> two problems.
>
>  - Not allocating a large enough array for the cpumaps field
>  - Not respecting a cpumaplen=0, as meaning pass cpumaps=NULL
>
> The latter is what was causing the error message you saw I believe. Can
> you try the following patch

+1 (although, i think this is already upstream, sorry for the slow
response).

I am seeing a new issue now.  After calling
virDomainSetSchedulerParameters() on a KVM guest, virDomainGetVcpus()
returns 0 processors even though virsh dumpxml of the guest shows 3 procs.

Looking at the code for qemudDomainGetVcpus(), maxinfo is set to:

     if (maxinfo > vm->nvcpupids)
         maxinfo = vm->nvcpupids;

I'm passing NULL in for cpumaps, so the whole if (cpumaps != NULL) {}
block is skipped, which means the value for vm->nvcpupids is being returned.

Any thoughts?

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center