[libvirt] cannot get virt-manager to see VM

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon Nov 2 17:51:34 UTC 2009

I used qemu-img to create a raw image.  I then create an xml file with
no uuid but a new name and new mac address.  Then I did a 'virsh define
NEW.img'.  When I do a 'virsh list --all' the new VM is there but
shut_off.  But this new machine does not appear in virt-manager.  What
do I need to do to get the new machine to appear in the list of machines
in virt-manager?  I want to start this machine using virt-manager.  This
is on F11 with libvirt 0.6.2.

-Gerry