[libvirt] Need second private network between guests's

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Nov 10 04:39:01 UTC 2009

Adam Mooz wrote:
> I'm a new guy to the list and libvirt but I'm guessing you'll be
> looking at the config section of dnsmasq if you'd like dynamically
> assigned IP's from the VM's to be on the 172 network.

> *Adam Mooz*
> /Adam.Mooz at gmail.com <mailto:Adam.Mooz at gmail.com>
> //AdamMooz at me.com <mailto:AdamMooz at me.com>//
> /http://www.AdamMooz.com
>

> On 2009-11-09, at 11:22 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> I've got a shared device 'br0' between my host and all my guests.
>>  The guests are now on the host network.  What do I need to do in
>> order to setup a second 'private' network between the guests?  My
>> host network is on 192.168 and I'd like the second private network on
>> 172.19.
>> thx,
>>
>> -Gerry
Hi there new guy.  Ok, first rule of lists:  no top posting.  Too hard
to follow threads of conversation that way.

I'm not worried about how the addresses will be assigned, either static
or dynamic.  I need the network stanzas that are necessary in the xml
file in order to establish a second private network between the guests.

-Gerry