[libvirt] Re: [Patch v0.4] iSCSI Multi-IQN (Libvirt Support)

Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com
Wed Nov 18 10:31:53 UTC 2009

Today the iface file is created by by iscsi administrators using either
of the following methods

1) By hand by editing the iface parameters in
/var/lib/iscsi/ifaces/<iface_file>

Iface.iscsi_ifacename = <iface name>
Iface.net_ifacename = <default, eth0 etc>
Iface.hwaddress = <default, mac address etc>
Iface.transport_name = <tcp, bnx2i etc>
Iface.initiatorname = <iqn name>

2) By using iscsiadm commands like the following
# iscsiadm -m iface -I <iface_name> -o new
# iscsiadm -m iface -I iface1 --op=update -n iface.initiatorname -v
<iqnname>

We don't change the default initiatorname with libvirt/virt manager
today right ? So, we haven't added any apis to manage the iface file
name using libvirt as such.

But if required by virt-manager(to create a single window of management)
the iface file could be constructed using libvirt apis that call the
iscsiadm commands detailed in method 2)

Does that sound reasonable ?