Migration procedure (was: Re: [libvirt] Safe? /etc/libvirt/qemu on shared storage?)

Maximilian Wilhelm max at rfc2324.org
Sat Oct 3 17:39:33 UTC 2009

Anno domini 2009 Chris Lalancette scripsit:

Hi!

[...]
> Currently, the migration code assumes that you want to leave the migrated guest
> defined but not running on the "source" of the migration, and that you want to
> leave it running but not defined (transient) on the "destination" of the migration.

> I have some upcoming patches to the migration code that allow you to tweak the
> behavior.  That is, they allow you to undefine the guest on the source if you
> wish, and/or permanently define the guest on the destination if you wish.

I just today stumbled accross this in my cluster management library
and am highly interested in these features. (So I don't have to fiddle
around this by myself :))

What is your ETA for these patches?
If you need assistance in any kind - even testing - I would be glad to help!

Thanks!

Ciao
Max
--
If it doesn't work, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.