[libvirt] Creating Guest OS in Virtual Box

santosh gandham santhosh003 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 07:37:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

 This patch is not getting applied in libvirt 0.7.0.  It applied
successfully for libvirt 0.7.1 .
But when I am trying to start libvirtd I am getting this error

libvirtd: error while loading shared libraries: libvirt.so.0: cannot

The installation process that I have followed is:

$ ./configure --without-xen --with-storage-mpath=no

 $make

$ sudo make install

I am using ubuntu 9.04 Desktop Edition.

Thank you for the help.

On 10/6/09, santosh gandham <santhosh003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> When I am trying to apply the patch I got this error
>
> $git apply vboxpatch
> error: patch failed: src/vbox/vbox_tmpl.c:3286
> error: src/vbox/vbox_tmpl.c: patch does not apply
>
> how can I clear this error?
> Am I using the right command to apply patch? Please correct me.
>
> Thank you.
> On 10/5/09, Pritesh Kothari <Pritesh.Kothari at sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi Santosh,
>>
>> apply this patch
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/libvir-list@redhat.com/msg16797.html
>> and hopefully it should work
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pritesh
>>
>> On Monday 05 October 2009 14:51:33 santosh gandham wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>  I am trying to create Guest OS (VM) in virtualBox throught libvirt. I
>>> installed libvirt 0.7.0 and created the template as
>>>
>>> <domain type='vbox'>
>>> 	<name>ubuntu</name>
>>>
>>> 	<os>
>>> 		<type>hvm</type>
>>> 		<boot dev='hd'/>
>>> 	</os>
>>>
>>>          <memory>542720</memory>
>>>          <vcpu>1</vcpu>
>>>
>>> 	<devices>
>>> 		<disk type='file' device='disk'>
>>> 			<source file='/home/santhosh/Desktop/ubuntu9.vdi'/>
>>> 			<target dev='hdd'/>
>>>
>>> 		</disk>
>>> 		<graphics type='rdp' port='3386'/>
>>> 	</devices>
>>> </domain>
>>>
>>> Then I issued this command
>>>
>>>   $ virsh -c vbox:///session define /home/santhosh/Desktop/ubun.tmpl
>>>
>>>   Domain ubuntu defined from /home/santhosh/Desktop/ubun.tmpl
>>>
>>> When I open VirtualBox, it has created a domain named "ubuntu". All
>>> the parameters specified in the template file are set except  "Hard
>>> disks" . So, when I start the VM, I am left with boot errors
>>>
>>> 00:00:06.318 Guest Log: BIOS: int13_harddisk: function 02, unmapped
>>> device for ELDL=80
>>> 00:00:06.319 Guest Log: BIOS: Boot from Hard Disk 0 failed
>>> 00:00:06.321 Guest Log: Could not read from the boot medium! System

--
Gandham Santhosh