[libvirt]: Not able to login to container when cgroup is enabled

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 7 13:57:48 UTC 2009

R> can you help me here ?

Probably not, I'm not familiar with cgconfig nor the latest cgroup
support in libvirt.

R> 14:47:24.556: warning : qemudStartup:565 : Unable to create cgroup
R> for driver: No such device or address

My guess is that this means you don't have the cgroup filesystem
mounted, or it's mounted in a way that prevents libvirt from doing its
work.  IIRC, there are things you can do to the system that require a
reboot to undo.  If cgconfig is setting up the cgroups in such a way,
you might need to reboot between stopping cgconfig and trying libvirt
by itself.

R> But when i start cgconfig service, then i am not able to open
R> console for my container.

Again, knowing nothing of cgconfig, I can only speculate that it's
doing something to prevent accessing the console pty.

I would push on the libcgroup folks to help figure out what it's doing
(either by default or with your config) to prevent that and then go
from there.

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center