[libvirt] Get Virtual Machine Information

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 15:04:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 02:09:01PM +0530, Gandhiraj Natarajan wrote:
>  1. We need to know how to get the IP addresses of virtual machines running in Novel Xen Server?

There's not really a good way to do this.  One possibility is to run
'/sbin/arp -an' but it's not a reliable method.

>  2. We need to know how to get the proper operating system like
> Windows XP or 2000 or 2003?

virt-inspector can tell you it is Windows, and with a bit of extra
work we could work out what version of Windows it is too.  (In fact
virt-inspector can't do this last bit at the moment, mainly because I
have no idea how).

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v