[libvirt] libvir: QEMU error : remoteDomainProcessEvent: unmarshalling msg

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Mon Sep 7 14:29:10 UTC 2009

Kenneth Nagin wrote:
> I am monitoring events using the example event monitor, event-test,  but
> remoteDomainProcessEvent is outputing an "unmarshalling msg" error
> when creating a VM.
>
> I've installed libvirt 0.6.5.  It is configured without  XEN; otherwise it
> is the default configuration.
>
> Any suggestions on how to overcome the problem?

Hm, it seems to work without problems for me, but I'm running the git tip of
libvirt.  I would suggest:

1)  Trying out the newest version of libvirt to see if the problem is fixed in there
2)  Give us more information about what kind of guests you are running (I'm
assuming KVM), how you are running the event-test, and your test environment.

--
Chris Lalancette