[libvirt] [RFC] Multi-IQN proposal

Dave Allan dallan at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 13:13:45 UTC 2009

Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com wrote:
> Thanks for the review.

Ok, I see what you mean now.  From libvirt's perspective, there's no
difference between these cases; you would simply be starting a bunch of
pools and assigning the volumes to the appropriate guest(s).  I am
concerned now that you are proposing something larger than simply
providing support for libvirt to use more than one iqn when starting
pools on a host.  As Dan Berrange also requested, please explain exactly
how you intend for this functionality to be used.

Your statement about providing the iqn to the guest to be used by its
BIOS is particularly unclear to me.  I understand what you want to do,
but how do you envision that process working?  There would be no pool
started on the host in such a case.  Libvirt currently has no support
for such an operation, so you should explain exactly what you're
proposing before you try to implement it.  I don't know enough about
what you're proposing to provide an opinion at this point on whether it
would be acceptable.

Dave