[libvirt] Fwd: libvirtd and listen_addr

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Thu Jan 6 16:24:21 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011, at 8:26 PM, Daniel Huhardeaux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> got no reaction on this, I try again :-)

Hmmm, just thought of a workaround if it helps. :)

You already know that when libvirtd starts, it automatically starts the virtual networks that it has been told to.

But, if you then shut libvirtd down, they're left running.

So... my thought of a dodgy workaround is this... after libvirtd starts... and the virtual networks have started... restart libvirtd.

I *think* that would then let libvirt bind to the new ip addresses.

Reckon it's worth trying?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift