[libvirt] [virt-tools-list] virt-manager/libvirt backwards compatibility problem?

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Wed Jul 27 19:32:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 10:53:01AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> [adding libvir-list]
>
> On 07/27/2011 10:28 AM, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> >Looks like my real problem may be not incorporating a Debian/Ubuntu patch
> >before building 0.9.x, since netcat differs:
> >
> >https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/517478
>
> Reading that bug report, it looks like upstream libvirt.git should
> be patched to add a runtime test on whether a remote nc supports the
> -q option, rather than blindly assuming that 'nc -q' exists on the
> remote side.
This is the patch we're currently using in Debian for that (based on a
version originally forwarded from Ubuntu):

	http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-libvirt/libvirt.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/Autodetect-if-the-remote-nc-command-supports-the-q-o.patch

I'd be happy to push that since this is the distro specific patch I have
to adjust the most ;)
Cheers,
 -- Guido