[libvirt] [libvirt-users] [Libvir] libvirt & vde_switch

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Mon May 2 06:28:13 UTC 2011

2011/5/1 Robert Šmol <robert.smol at stereoit.com>:
> I am now trying to compile the stuff, but I get:
>  CCLD   libvirt_driver_nwfilter.la
> libtool: link: require no space between `-L' and `/usr/lib'
> make[3]: *** [libvirt_driver_nwfilter.la] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rsmol/Code/libvirt/src'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rsmol/Code/libvirt/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rsmol/Code/libvirt'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> But I'll figure out eventually.

libtool tells you that if found '-L /usr/lib' in the commandline, but
it would like to see '-L/usr/lib' (without the space). Typically this
comes from a "broken" pkg-config file from one of the libraries
libvirt depends on.

Run 'make V=1' to make it print the complete commandlines, this might
help figuring out from which library the problem comes.

Matthias