[libvirt] Crash state and QEMU

Hi,

As far as I can tell, if QEMU exits abruptly or with a non-zero status code, libvirt treats this as a domain destruction given no real indication to the user that something bad happened.

But libvirt does have a crashed state for domains, it's just not used for QEMU guests.

I was wondering how intention of a design decision this was. Right now there's no good way for a management tool to detect a crashed guest/QEMU. Is there something I'm overlooking?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori