[libvirt] configure --prefix=$HOME --with-init-script buglet

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue May 17 16:26:54 UTC 2011

Right now, on a Fedora system, if you configure libvirt to install into
$HOME (because you don't have permissions to install into the default
/usr/local or even into the system /usr), --with-init-script defaults to
auto mode, detects that /etc/redhat-release exists, and tries to install
the init script anyways.

configure.ac needs to be patched to also check that $sysconfdir is /etc
before changing with-init-script=auto over to with-init-script=redhat,
so that the init scripts are only installed during a system install
(where they make sense), and not during a /usr/local or $HOME install.

I don't have time to patch this today, if someone wants to beat me to it.