Re: [libvirt] failure to build on rawhide

Eric Blake <eblake redhat com> writes:

> I'm getting this when trying to build libvirt on rawhide (using the
> package gnutls-devel-2.12.3-1.fc16.x86_64):
>
> remote/remote_driver.c: In function 'negotiate_gnutls_on_connection':
> remote/remote_driver.c:1361:9: error:
> 'gnutls_certificate_type_set_priority' is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/include/gnutls/compat.h:347) [-Werror=deprecated-declarations]
>
> but I can't find anything in the gnutls man pages that says why it is
> deprecated or what to use in its place.  Any ideas?

Try gnutls_priority_set.  What did you use
gnutls_certificate_type_set_priority for?  It is rare to really need it,
a call to gnutls_set_default_priority() is usually sufficient.

Ideally the GTK-DOC strings for the deprecated functions should be
updated to point at the newer functions.

/Simon