[libvirt] ssh from host to guest on default network

Kay Williams kwilliams at renditionsoftware.com
Tue May 31 19:56:26 UTC 2011

Neil, thank you for the suggestion.

Actually, I was able to get this working using dnsmasq (rather than avahi).
The trick was to manually add the ipaddress for the virtual network (e.g.
192.168.122.1) as the first nameserver listed in /etc/resolv.conf on the
host machine.

This solution has less overhead than using avahi since it doesn't require
additional software on the client.

Thanks again for the assistance.
Kay