[libvirt] Start of freeze for libvirt-0.9.11 and availability of rc1

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Sun Apr 1 01:35:50 UTC 2012

On 03/31/2012 07:56 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>  I just made the second release candidate
>
>   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.11-rc2.tar.gz
>
> along with the rpms and tagged the git tree.
>
>  It seems to work okay in my limited testing. If all goes well I would
> probably push on Tuesday,

A gentoo user reported in irc (#virt on irc.oftc.net) earlier today that
builds were failing for him on a fresh checkout from git:

   <feniksa> hi, when i compile libvirt on my gentoo i get warning:

     cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option
"-Wno-suggest-attribute=const"
     cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option
"-Wno-suggest-attribute=pure"

   <feniksa> gcc (Gentoo 4.5.3-r2 p1.1, pie-0.4.7) 4.5.3
   <feniksa> last part of conf: http://pastebin.com/gnT4Y2Ba
             and compile log http://pastebin.com/FcSwshzS
   <feniksa> laine: 2 weeks ago i didn't see this warning. Now i pull
from master sources and get this warning. But, this is only because i am
using gcc 4.5.3 (this is latest gcc version in gentoo OS).

I haven't looked at any of this code before, but it looks to me like
ql_WARN_ADD() in gnulib must not be doing the right thing, and is adding
the option even though the compiler apparently doesn't support it. This
probably didn't crop up before because full warnings weren't turned on
in the build until March 27 in commit 851117bd. That commit does things
different for builds of git trees vs. tarballs, so I don't know if this
failure will affect builds of release tarballs (I asked feniksa to try a
build of the rc2 tarball, but he hasn't responded yet).