[libvirt] problems starting several qemu VMS simultaneously

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Wed Apr 4 19:57:06 UTC 2012

Quoting Serge Hallyn (serge.hallyn at canonical.com):
> > Quoting Wen Congyang (wency at cn.fujitsu.com):

> (Note that most of the time, virsh list actually succeeds, only one of
> the virsh start's fails)
>
> > > I cannot reproduce this problem on RHEL6.

At last, found the trigger.  I can now reproduce this on uptodate fedora
16, using http://people.canonical.com/~serge/breaklibvirt.sh (run as root
from /home/$user).

The trigger is the qemu hook.  If I don't have a qemu hook, then I can do
100 runs of the parallel starts and lists with no failures.  But introduce
a slow hook, and the very first run always fails.

-serge