[libvirt] [libvirt-glib] Keep domain devices list sorted

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 16:14:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 01:56:44AM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Actually, if I understand things right, preserving order _is_ important
> > to guarantee.  For example, with older XML that lacked per-device <boot
> > order='n'/>, libvirt would determine which order devices are presented
> > to guest BIOS boot order based on their position within XML.
>
> Well, I agree. You only need to convince Christophe on this. :)

If there's a compelling reason for keeping it, which Eric just
demonstrated, I'm all for keeping the order. All I was saying is that
without such a reason, I don't think it's worth going out of our way to
keep it, and that not guarateeing it's kept gives us more flexibility if
needed.
Since it's actually important to keep thing ordered, case is closed.

Christophe