[libvirt] Potential deadlock in libvirt lxc driver

Thomas Hunger tehunger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:41:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm running version 0.9.10 on debian [1]. When starting and stopping
containers I see deadlocks every so often. I attached a full backtrace
(see at the end of the log). This seems to happen in conditions
similar to the segfault I wrote about recently. I.e. usually when
destroying domains.

I'm unsure why but it seems to me that lxcMonitorEvent gets called
after a vm has been freed. This happens despite
lxcVmCleanup calling "virEventRemoveHandle(priv->monitorWatch);" to
remove the handle.

best,
Tom

[1]
Linux zap 3.1.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 10 05:01:58 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux