[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] ARM KVM GICv3 Support

Pavel Fedin p.fedin at samsung.com
Tue Feb 2 15:36:22 UTC 2016

 Hello!

> Shouldn't the default be "host", to mean "whatever the host supports",
> rather than a specific version based either on host or QEMU probing?

 No, because:
1) Older qemu, which does not support this option, uses v2.
2) It also depends on whether KVM or TCG is used. Currently we can have v3 only with KVM, but when software emulation is implemented, it can be used in all cases, regardless of host KVM restrictions.

> That should work for every QEMU version, right?

 Wrong. See (1) above.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Senior Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia