[Linux-cluster] GFS : important questions

haydar Ali haydar2906 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:08:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

Now, we have 3 servers HP Proliant 380 G3 (RedHat Advanced Server 3)
attached by 2 fiber channels each to the storage area network SAN HP MSA1000
and we want to install and configure GFS to allow 2 servers to
simultaneously read and write to a single shared file system (Word documents
located into /u04) located on the Storage area network SAN HP MSA1000.
I know that I have to install GFS on the 3 nodes and one of them will be a
master and the 2 others will be the slaves.

My questions are:
1 - If one of the GFS slaves RAC1 or RAC2 is down, will be the other slave
server able to access to the shared file system /u04?
2 - If the master is down, will be the both GFS slave servers able to access
to the shared file system /u04 simultaneously?

Thanks for your help
Cheers!

Haydar