[Linux-cluster] Oracle 10G-R2 on GFS install problems

Steve Wilcox spwilcox at att.com
Thu Oct 13 18:26:59 UTC 2005

In the process of installing Oracle 10G-R2 on a RHEL4-U2 x86_64 cluster
with GFS 6.1.2, I get the following error when running Oracle's root.sh
for cluster ready services (a.k.a clusterware):

 [  OCROSD][4142143168]utstoragetype: /u00/app/ocr0 is on FS type
18225520. Not supported.

I did a little poking around and found that OCFS2 has the same issue,
but with OCFS2 it can be circumvented by mounting with -o datavolume...
I was unable to find any similar options for GFS mounts.  This looks
like probably more of an Oracle bug, as 10G-R1 installed without any
problems (I have my DBA pursuing the Oracle route), but I was wondering
if anyone else has come across this problem and if so, was there any
fix?

Thanks,
-steve