[Linux-cluster] Order to Power Up

Treece, Britt Britt.Treece at savvis.net
Thu Apr 13 18:33:35 UTC 2006

Steve,

In what order are you currently bringing them up?  The client (non-lock
master) servers will wait for 600s (default timeout) until a master lock
server is available to handle the locking.  If one becomes available in
that time frame lock_gulmd will start.  If one does not become available
the lock_gulmd process will time out based on the aforementioned value
and the cluster won't be able to start.

If all 3 servers are down you should likely power on the lock server and
then a moment later power on the client (GFS mounting) servers.

Regards,

Britt